Gimcyn Luxury is a new and improved textured feature wall paint with iridescent shimmer that can create stunning walls that you, your loved ones or your clients will fall in love with. Depending on the application Gimcyn Luxury can produce a variety of different looks, from a shimmer with almost no texture to a heavily ‘3D’ effect.
This stunning paint is an easy-to-apply and cost-effective alternative to wallpapers, panels and cladding and creates a durable, repairable finish. We recommend Gimcyn Luxury to those who want the very best for their projects as it comes with pre-coloured primer for maximum opacity.
Before placing an order it is strongly recommended to to order a sample pot or Gimcyn Luxury colour chart as colours, depending on the lighting and interiors, may significantly change.
Impera Italia’s Gimcyn Luxury paint comes as a bundle, with the right amount of Gimcyn primer to cover 5 square metres per unit.
What comes in the bundle?
1 kg of Gimcyn Luxury paint
1/2 L of pre-coloured primer
How to apply Gimcyn Luxury
Make sure to do test patch with less than 15 gramms to ensure you can achieve the right look before going ahead with the below.
- Make sure to dilute the Gimcyn Luxury primer with 0.3 litres (1/2 pint) of water and then apply it with mohair or short pile roller.
- Wait 2 to 4 hours, as long as the primer needs to get fully dry.
- Open and stir the paint, then apply one coat of Gimcyn Luxury by brush, with a criss-cross technique.
- If you prefer a brushed effect then leave it as it is or alternatively, after 5 to 10 minutes move the grain of the paint with a tobacco sponge to get rid of the brush marks.
- Make sure to respect the drying time. Create the effect in sections, about a quarter square metre (2-3 feet) at a time. Also, don’t create a sharp ‘edge’ when putting on the paint, spread it around the edges so you’ll be able to connect it.
- The final finish will be ready in about 30 minutes (touch dry) and it will completely dry after 8 hours
Gimcyn Luxury textured paint sample pot
Every 50ml of this stunning metallic textured paint sample covers about 0.025 msq (0.37 square feet) and it does not come with the primer as it should only be used to indicate the final colour. Apply it on a white surface, not too absorbent.
Impera Italia’s Advice™
Gems can be organic (eg pearl) and inorganic (opal).
A: This product should not be applied on surfaces that can get in contact with water, it is meant to be a special indoor feature wall paint.
Q: Can you put Gimcyn Luxury over tiles?
A: Although technically (after priming the surface) it can be applied, it’s not recommended as the texture of the tiles won’t be covered.
Q: Can Gimcyn Luxury be applied on floors?
A: No, it’s not suitable for floors. You can using flooring products like our micro cement for this purpose.
Q: How durable is this paint? Is this paint scratch proof? Is it washable?
A: It’s very durable and very easy to repair but it is not washable, only wipe-able.
Q: How accurate are your colours?
A: Due to the iridescence it is difficult to scan or take a picture of metallic paints. We strongly recommend ordering a chart or the minimum size before placing a larger order.
Q: How resistant are the colours?
A: Gimcyn Luxury has excellent colour resistance.
Q: Do I really need a primer?
A: Yes, you do. The correct amount of primer is included with every kg of paint.
Q: What do we have to do if one day we want to re-do the wall?
A: Sand and then prime the surface and it is ready for another coat of plaster or paint!
Q: Do I need a specialist to apply Gimcyn Luxury ?
A: This product is suitable for any DIY, but we recommend using a professional decorator for artistic and/or multicoloured applications.
Q: How long does this paint remain usable?
A: When stored under the right circumstances, it will remain usable for at least a year.